At Scene Crash Investigation
- Coordinator: Leslie Bodette
- Length of Course: 80 hours (2 weeks, Monday-Friday)
- Course Hours: 0830-1630 hours
- Date: May 8 – 19, 2017
- Tuition: Commuting-$272.50 includes lunch and materials), Overnight- $584.50 (includes materials lodging, and meals)
- Pre-requisite: Must be full-time certified, having taken the Basic Academy Crash Investigation course, have field experience, and a high aptitude and interest in collision investigation.
- Registration: Contact the Vermont Police Academy at 802-483-6228, Fax the in-service registration form (Word or PDF) to 802-483-2343 or email it to our registrar at email@example.com
- This is an excellent opportunity for first line supervisors, as it will improve skills and better enable training and supervision.
- This is a demanding course that involves homework, practical exercises, and advanced mathematical calculations.Successful completion provides a significant increase in collision investigation skills and will lead to being able to offer expert testimony.
- Topics include calculating speed from skid marks and scuff marks, scale diagramming, lamp examination, photography and determination of physical evidence.The instructors will provide individualized attention as needed and all participants will actively take part in class, which will help develop familiarity with presenting this material, as might be done in court.
- Officers will need to review their Basic Crash Investigation Manual and materials and bring the following: scientific calculator, drawing compass, mechanical pencil, and soft eraser. All other materials will be provided.
- This course is a pre-requisite to Advanced and Reconstruction levels.
Monday, May 8, 2017 - 8:30am to Friday, May 19, 2017 - 4:30pm