Follow the links to be read the training descriptions.
- December 8 - 9, 2020 at Vermont Police Academy
- Online training, click link for more information.
- January 21 - 22, 2021. Class will be held online.
- Registration: register online at https://beta.lawenforcementseminars.com/enrollment/register/south-burlington-vt-jan-2021
- January 4 - February 12
- January 4, 2021 - February 12, 2021
Communications Training Officer Refresher
- Course is now held remotely, contact Michelle Hunt for registration
- December 9 *new location, course will be held at Hartford Police Department
- February 2 - 3, 2021 8AM - 5PM online VIA Zoom
- Register online at www.em4le.com
- Multiple dates and webinars available. Click the link for more information
2021 dates were planned with current COVID restrictions in place, because of that space is limited and we ask that people who register either commit to showing on on their scheduled day or cancel their registration as soon as possible. If restrictions are lifted more registration slots will be made avaliable.
- January 12, 2021
- March 30, 2021
- April 20, 2021
- May 4, 2021
- May 18, 2021
- Jun 1, 2021
- June 22, 2021
- July 13, 2021
- July 27, 2021
- September 7, 2021
- September 28, 2021
- October 5, 2021
- October 19, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- November 30, 2021
The Following dates have increased capacity and need to be registered for separately
- January 26, 2021
- February 9, 2021
- February 16, 2021
- March 3, 2021
- August 10, 2021
- August 24, 2021
FBI National Crime Information Center (NCIC FSTO/LFSTO)
The FBI requires new or returning personnel who require access to the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) to be both NCIC and CJIS (Criminal Justice Information Services) certified. Registration for this online training experience is required. To register, send an email with agency name, employee name, employee position and employee date of hire to NCIC Auditor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 19-22, 2021
Police officers are required by Vermont statute to be re-certified every 3 years, following the training and certification outlined above, in order to take fingerprints from minors as part of a voluntary identification program. To be recertified, an officer must submit to VCIC a set of prints via electronic capture OR the standard ink and roll method. The prints will be examined for quality, and if acceptable, recertification will be granted. If the prints are found to be unacceptable, the officer will have to re-take the Basic Fingerprinting Certification Course. Please note: recertification is NOT required for the purposes of taking prints as part of an investigation, employment-related background checks, etc.
Send a set of fingerprints to VCIC C/O Identification Section Supervisor, 42 State Street, Waterbury, VT 05671-1300
- November 9 -10. Class will be held online.
- Register online at https://beta.lawenforcementseminars.com/enrollment/register/south-burlington-vt-nov-2020
- December 2 - 3 at Ludlow Town Hall, 37 South Depot Street Ludlow, VT 05149
- Register online at www.melloconsulting.org/upcoming-events
Spillman Dispatcher Training
- Now an online event please contact Michelle Hunt for more information.
- November 23
- February 22 - 26, 2021 at Essex Police Department
- Register online at www.fbileeda.org or call 877-772-7712 for more information
- December 14, 2020 - December 15, 2020 at the Ludlow Town Hall, 37 Depot Street, Ludlow, Vermont, 05089, United States
- Special lodging rate at Okemo Mountain Resort, Email Karly.Sawicki@vailresorts.com to reserve your room.