Follow the links to be read the training descriptions.
- October 8 - 9, 2020 at South Burlington Police Department
- December 8 - 9, 2020 at Vermont Police Academy
- Online training, click link for more information.
- November 9
- January 21 - 22, 2021. Class will be held online.
- Registration: register online at https://beta.lawenforcementseminars.com/enrollment/register/south-burlington-vt-jan-2021
- November 5
- January 4, 2021 - February 12, 2021
Communications Training Officer Refresher
- Course is now held remotely, contact Michelle Hunt for registration
- November 4-5 at the South Burlington Police Department.
Crime Scene Investigation
- October 6 at the State Police Barracks in Royalton 2011 VT RT 107, Bethel VT 05032
- October 19 - 23, online event.
- THIS COURSE WILL BE HELD ONLINE VIA ZOOM. Links to access the course will be sent to registered participants before the start of class.
- October 13 at VT Forensic Lab in Waterbury
- October 21 at VT Forensic Lab in Waterbury
- Multiple dates and webinars available. Click the link for more information
- October 26 - 30 at Vermont Fire Academy
October 6, 2020
November 10, 2020
- October 10
- November 7
- December 5
- Friday October 23
FBI National Crime Information Center (NCIC FSTO/LFSTO)
The FBI requires new or returning personnel who require access to the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) to be both NCIC and CJIS (Criminal Justice Information Services) certified. Registration for this online training experience is required. To register, send an email with agency name, employee name, employee position and employee date of hire to NCIC Auditor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 19-22, 2021
- November 3 from 8:00 - 11:30 at Hartford Police Department.
Police officers are required by Vermont statute to be re-certified every 3 years, following the training and certification outlined above, in order to take fingerprints from minors as part of a voluntary identification program. To be recertified, an officer must submit to VCIC a set of prints via electronic capture OR the standard ink and roll method. The prints will be examined for quality, and if acceptable, recertification will be granted. If the prints are found to be unacceptable, the officer will have to re-take the Basic Fingerprinting Certification Course. Please note: recertification is NOT required for the purposes of taking prints as part of an investigation, employment-related background checks, etc.
Send a set of fingerprints to VCIC C/O Identification Section Supervisor, 42 State Street, Waterbury, VT 05671-1300
- November 9 -10. Class will be held online.
- Register online at https://beta.lawenforcementseminars.com/enrollment/register/south-burlington-vt-nov-2020
- October 24 at the Ludlow Town Hall, 37 Depot Street, Ludlow, Vermont, 05089, United States
- Email Ryan.email@example.com to register $25 suggested donation to the Ludlow Police Officers Association per person
- December 2 - 3 at Ludlow Town Hall, 37 South Depot Street Ludlow, VT 05149
- Register online at www.melloconsulting.org/upcoming-events
NHTSA Doppler Radar Operator Certification
- October 15 at Hartford Police Department
NHTSA LIDAR Operation Certification
- October 16 at Hartford Police Department
- November 13
- October 7, at Colchester Police Department 835 Blakely Road, Colchester, VT, 0544
Spillman Dispatcher Training
- Now an online event please contact Michelle Hunt for more information.
- November 23
- February 22 - 26, 2021 at Essex Police Department
- Register online at www.fbileeda.org or call 877-772-7712 for more information
- October 7, registration deadline is September 30
- October 28, registration deadline is October 21
- November 4, registration deadline is October 28
The REID Technique of Investifative Interviewing and Advanced Interrogation
- October 6-9 at Burlington Police Department 1 North Avenue Burlington VT 05401
- Register online at www.REID.com
- Contact Julie Rock at 855-479-3959 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- December 14, 2020 - December 15, 2020 at the Ludlow Town Hall, 37 Depot Street, Ludlow, Vermont, 05089, United States
courses have resumed, operating under a firm limit of 10 people per class.
- November 17, 2020
- November 3 from 12:00 - 4:00 at Hartford Police Department