The Vermont Police Academy has been authorized to once again administer Entrance Testing, albeit on a limited bases. Entrance Testing dates are presently available with four dates this month: Tuesday, May 12th, Saturday, May 16th, Tuesday, May 26th and Saturday, May 30th. Because of COVID-19 restrictions, we have been given strict guidelines from the Health Department and testing events are limited to seven (7) applicants at a time. We will be running two (2) sessions on each date to maximize the number of applicants we can accommodate. We are hopeful restrictions will expand to twenty-five (25) during the next phase. A communication will be released relative to June test dates, as soon as we get more information. Current testing will still consist of the Entrance Exam, Physical Fitness Test and MMPI-II.
Because the Police Academy is currently locked-down to finish the 109th Basic Training Class, entrance testing will take place at Otter Valley Union High School in Brandon: (2997 Franklin St. – Brandon, VT 05733). Testing will commence at 8:00 a.m. for the first session and 10:30 a.m. for the second. Applicants should plan to arrive approximately thirty (30) minutes prior to their scheduled test time for processing. The PT test has been modified, so no contact between applicants will take place and testing equipment will be properly sanitized. Please take note of the following mandatory restrictions and requirements:
- Testing is primarily limited to Vermont residents. No out-of-state applicants are permitted, unless you can verify they have been quarantined in Vermont at least fourteen (14) days prior to their testing date.
- Applicants MUST BRING AND WEAR A MASK – they will not be admitted otherwise.
- No applicants will be admitted if they show any signs of illness.
- Applicants are required to arrive in appropriate PT testing attire, unless they plan on skipping the PT test. They will NOT be afforded an opportunity to change clothes.
- Applicants should bring their own water.
- Applicants must have cash or check payable to the Vermont Police Academy in the amount of $30.00. Bring exact change only, the staff on site will not be able to make change.
- Applicants must have a valid, government issued photo ID.
SPECIAL NOTE: On a typical testing day, it is not uncommon for 30% - 40% of scheduled applicants to fail to show. Please emphasize to applicants that test slots are limited and it is imperative they arrive when scheduled.
In accordance with Vermont Department of Health Guidelines, the Vermont Police Academy is resuming entrance testing on-site with increased capacity. Multiple entrance testing sessions are available for sign-up dates include June 15, June 30, July 14, and July 21. click here for information and to register. In order for applicants to participate, the following parameters must be adhered to, as no acceptations will be made:
- Testing is limited to 21 applicants per test session.
- No applicants from out-of-state are permitted, unless their sponsoring agency can verify they have either quarantined for 14 days in Vermont prior to testing, or have quarantined in Vermont for 7 days, and had a negative COVID-19 test.
- Applicants must bring and wear their own facial covering upon arrival to the academy and during all directed portions of the testing process. No facial coverings will be provided by the academy.
- Applicants are required to arrive in physical fitness attire if they plan on taking the physical fitness portion of the test. They will not be afforded an opportunity to change clothes on site.
- Applicants planning on taking only the written examination and MMPI-II will be required to wait until the physical fitness portion of the test has been completed following their successful completion of the written entrance exam. We cannot accommodate two MMPI-II sessions at this time.
- Applicants will be admitted through the rear doors of the gymnasium only, the main entrances to the academy will remain locked. Signage will direct applicants to this location.
- Applicants should be prepared to use gymnasium restrooms only, one at a time, so access to restrooms will be limited.
- Applicants should be prepared to provide a valid, government issued, photo ID and have $30.00 cash or check made payable to the Vermont Police Academy.