In accordance with Vermont Department of Health Guidelines, the Vermont Police Academy is resuming entrance testing on-site with increased capacity. Multiple entrance testing sessions are available for sign-up dates include June 15, June 30, July 14, and July 21. click here for information and to register. In order for applicants to participate, the following parameters must be adhered to, as no acceptations will be made:
- Applicants must bring and wear their own facial covering upon arrival to the academy and during all directed portions of the testing process. No facial coverings will be provided by the academy.
- Out of state applicants are allowed as long as the follow all travel guidelines found here: https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel.
- Applicants are required to arrive in physical fitness attire if they plan on taking the physical fitness portion of the test. They will not be afforded an opportunity to change clothes on site.
- Applicants planning on taking only the written examination and MMPI-II will be required to wait until the physical fitness portion of the test has been completed following their successful completion of the written entrance exam. We cannot accommodate two MMPI-II sessions at this time.
- Applicants will be admitted through the rear doors of the gymnasium only, the main entrances to the academy will remain locked. Signage will direct applicants to this location.
- Applicants should be prepared to use gymnasium restrooms only, one at a time, so access to restrooms will be limited.
- Applicants should be prepared to provide a valid, government issued, photo ID and have $30.00 cash or check made payable to the Vermont Police Academy.