Overnight fees will be billed at the completion of the class
- Canine evaluation prior to acceptance into the program.
- Handlers are required to meet the minimum Police Academy physical fitness requirements (50th percentile).
- Team Specific Program
- Certifications Available: VCJTC
For further information contact Canine T.C. Bob Ryan by email at Robert.Ryan@vermont.gov or phone at 802-483-6202
Participants will be required to meet the following requirements to successfully complete the course.
- A trail one and one-half (1.5) miles in length, one-half hour old, with or without a scent article;
- Building search locating both low and high suspects;
- Sit-watch (officer protection);
- Recall (call-back);
- Distance apprehension;
- Multi-Person apprehension;
- Apprehension from a vehicle;
- Tactical obedience and gunfire;
- Obedience and agility.
- Handler must successfully pass a written examination.
- Canine Care and First Aid;
- Training Philosophy and Techniques;
- Use of Force, and K-9 Case Law;
- Search Tactics;
- Land Navigation.
Contact the Vermont Police Academy K9 Training Staff for more information at 802.483.6202